Microsoft Teams Governance
✔Specify who can create Teams and channels
✔Give permissions as to who can add users - Internal or Guests
✔Manage File upload permissions for both Teams, OneDrive and SharePoint
✔Get access control by blocking users from joining other tenants
Creation and Ownership
- Users|AD Groups allowed to create Teams
- Users|AD Groups allowed to create Channels
- Users|AD Groups allowed to be Team owners
- Users|AD Groups allowed to add users to Teams
- Users|AD Groups allowed to add Guests to Team
- Allow files to be uploaded to MS Teams | One Drive | SharePoint*
- Users|AD Groups allowed to upload files to MS Teams | One Drive | SharePoint*
*Each option is independent, meaning files can be uploaded to Teams and OneDrive but not SharePoint. Also, Independent groups can be allowed to upload Files to MS Teams | OneDrive | Sharepoint
- Permit Guest Access to Other Tenants**
- Block joining anonymously to meetings**
**These options block all users from the tenant and do not grant individual permissions. To get granular control of that and many other features, visit Microsoft Teams Ethical Wall
- Enforce recording on all meetings
Companies using Microsoft Teams are often in distress by the number of unnecessary teams created, as well as not being able to assess who their members are.
Another problem that can usually be found, is that many companies want to restrict file uploading in both Teams, SharePoint, and OneDrive in order to prevent the information from getting to the wrong recipient.
For that reason, the best solution is to prevent those and many more cases by granting permissions on who can create teams/channels, add members, add guests and upload files.
One common use case for applying governance policies is for organizations that are strict as to which employees can share files in MS Teams or companies that want to be as careful as possible at the time of adding Guests to its tenant.
AGAT is offering some other extra features like access control in order to avoid employees get Guest access to other tenants or joining external meetings anonymously.
Get a Free Trial
Sign-up for a free trial and demo with a SphereShield expert