SphereShield Webex Space Management
Webex Space Management handles retention and management needs for Webex Spaces and Direct Room.
✔View & search Space information across all the company
✔Manage Space users
✔Set manual and automatic retention policies based on conditional Space parameters.
Webex Space Management works seamlessly with Webex Teams and consists on 2 main modules:
- ✔Space Operations
- ✔Retention Policy Engine
- •Get a list of all the Webex Spaces -Tag the Spaces for automatic policies, search, and management/governance needs. For example Finance, PII. Tags can be added as needed
- •Add or remove users from spaces without being a member of the space
- •Delete space with all of its content
- •Block Spaces prevent any new content but leave existing content accessible
- •Perform advanced search using multiple parameters:
- •Active Directory groups,
- •Scope(internal/ External)
- •Specific external domain members
- •Type (Space / Direct message)
- •Last activity period
- •Space webex classification
Retention Policy Engine
The retention Policy engine allows the company to set multiple conditions for setting retention period based on the following parameters:
- •Tags (set in the space management)
- •Active Directory Groups
- •Last activity date. For example, spaces that have been inactive last 30 days.
- •Scope - whether a Space contains external users.
In addition, manual retention period can override the automatic policies
Data Retention Policies
Compliance and internal regulations often require data retention policies. Those usually indicate that after a certain amount of days, data needs to be fully erased. Policies like GDPR require data retention policies.
A common example is companies that need to erase employee or customer data on request or automatically. Also financial firms are usually required to do the same.
Data retention minimizes the risk of a breach or compliance events as less data is exposed in the cloud
Webex Teams deployments tenants can sometimes become very large in the number of users and spaces. Company management and compliance teams need visibility of all the Spaces created which is not possible out of the box.
Until this date, there hasn’t been a way of providing clear and complete insights of the number of Spaces, their members, their last activity and whether they contain external members.
Other information such as the users, group membership, and external users is critical to handle both compliance and security risks.n
That information can be vital in order to preserve order and prevent security breaches by allowing external users into the incorrect Spaces
Get a Free Trial
Sign-up for a free trial and demo with a SphereShield expert