SkypeShield is an innovative solution that guarantees secure mobile and external Skype for Business (Lync) connectivity. SkypeShield allows users to safely connect to Microsoft Skype for Business servers from smartphone, tablets, desktop PCs and any other device outside the organization.
Connecting to a Skype for Business server using the Skype for Business client from smartphones, tablets and any other external device outside the organization might expose sensitive information. To mitigate the risk and allow workers to use their own devices, SkypeShield has developed an innovative solution that prevents unauthorized devices from penetrating the corporate network.
SkypeShield offers the following features for mobile, tablets and desktops:
- Secure mobile and external Skype for Business connectivity solution
- Active Directory (AD) protection
- Two Factor Authentication (TFA)
- Avoid using Active Directory credentials on mobile devices
- Block DoS attacks & Brute force attacks
- Solution for enabling smart card authentication
- Available as a filter for Forefront servers or as a stand-alone gateway
The LyncShield suite was specifically developed for Microsoft environments and is naturally integrated with the Forefront TMG/ISA server family. As a server side software solution, LyncShield can be easily and quickly installed on relevant gateways and does not require any client side software.
LyncShield is also available as a standalone gateway (Bastion server) that can be located behind firewalls such as F5 or others.