AGAT Software Is Extending SphereShield to Assure Security and Compliance for Microsoft Teams
AGAT Software released SphereShield for Microsoft Teams, a solution that addresses security and compliance threats faced by users of the platform. The new solution extends AGAT’s existing product suite, which secures Skype for Business.
SphereShield is offered as SaaS with minimal setup effort, or as an on-premise installation on the customer’s DMZ or cloud servers (such as Amazon or Azure).
Microsoft offers a number of static, user-based policies over messages and meetings which fail to meet common compliance needs that require dynamic content policies based on group and participant type (e.g., federated, guest and internal).
SphereShield’s key features can be implemented with basic Microsoft licenses and include the following:
- A granular Ethical Wall engine that applies dynamic, context-based policies depending on domains, groups or users. Policies can be applied to chat, teams and meetings.
- Real-time, outbound-only, or full DLP inspection that integrates with leading vendors such as McAfee, Symantec and Forcepoint.
- An eDiscovery module that can be implemented on-site or be integrated with leading eDiscovery vendors.
- A Risk Engine to monitor all login attempts, showing them on a live map with geo-fencing rules based on domains, group or users.
- An antivirus module to inspect files in real time, which can be integrated with leading antivirus vendors such as Kaspersky, Symantec and McAfee.
In addition, AGAT Software is developing conditional access to the cloud with MDM vendors (including MobileIron, AirWatch and BlackBerry) in order to verify that only managed devices can access Teams.
“Unified Communication platforms such as Microsoft Teams allow a plethora of collaboration capabilities any time, from anywhere, and from any device,” said Yoav Crombie, Business Manager at AGAT Software. “This may pose security or regulatory risk to companies that handle sensitive information or collaborate with external organizations. We designed SphereShield to mitigate these risks and ensure security and compliance do not interrupt efficient communication flows and vice versa.”
Get a Free Trial
Sign-up for a free trial and demo with a SphereShield expert